We are SCNLab!
The Sleep, Cognition and Neuroimaging Laboratory (SCNLab) has been founded in 2013 by Dr. Thanh Dang-Vu.
Under his leadership, the SCNLab investigates the brain mechanisms of sleep and sleep disorders, and the role of sleep in cognitive health, using state of the art multimodal neuroimaging techniques.
The SCNLab is based in Montreal (Canada), and includes two research sites: Concordia University’s PERFORM Center, and the Centre de Recherche de l’Institut Universitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal (CRIUGM).
Our research topics
- Relationships between sleep neurophysiology and age-related cognitive decline
- Combined effects of nap and exercise on cognitive performances
- Cognitive impacts of sleep deprivation and sleep disorders
- Neurophysiological and neuroimaging biomarkers of chronic insomnia and its treatments
- Neural mechanisms of central disorders of hypersomnolence using multimodal neuroimaging